Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on Week 1
1. There aren't any factors that will affect my participation and experience in this class. I do have extracurricular activities that will slow me down, but I don't think will affect me to much. For example when basketball season starts, it's going to be hard to write an essay, and do my other homework especially on away games. This will make it harder, but I'm used to it because I've been doing it for three years. But besides that, I have all the technology, and accessories to succeed.
2. An awesome learning experience that changed my way of thinking was the museum of tolerance. I first went there when I was in 8th grade, and it made me appreciate and cherish life. It wasn't just about the Holocaust, but the dropping of the two a-bombs, 9 11, and terrorism all over the world. It also taught me how to look differently at things, and that our government, isn't what we think it is. It made me take a different approach to life, and how we live in a world where many people are filled with hate.
3. I'm most excited for Open Source Learning in this class. I like that there isn't a strict guideline of rules, and we learn what we want to. I like that this is different than all my other classes, and were just not doing work out of a textbook. I'm somewhat concerned with the workload, but I know that as we continue along with this class, the homework will decrease. I think it will make a practical difference in my life because I get to experiment with new things, and figure out what I like and do not like, and maybe that will lead me to a career path.


No comments:

Post a Comment