Tuesday, October 7, 2014

GREEN EGGS & HAMLET

a) I know that Hamlet was a prince. I also know that his mission is to avenge the death of his father. I also know that he has a famous "To be or not to be" speech, that brother had to memorize that speech when he was a senior. 

b) I know that Shakespeare was an author who wrote many plays. He lived in the 15th century, and my first play I read by him was Romeo and Juliet. I also read Julius Caesar and know he wrote Hamlet and Macbeth.

c) Students involuntarily frown when they hear "Shakespeare" because of the language. When I read Romeo and Juliet freshman year, I hardly understood it. It's hard to understand his writing, which is why they frown. 

d) To make this play an amazing experience we we'll never forget, I think that we should have fun with it, and interpret it our own way. If we go at our own pace, and apply ourselves and do things relating to Hamlet, that we like, than it will be a great experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment